As the weather slowly starts to get warmer and we begin to use our BBQ more, we’ve been trying a variety of things on the new Emile Henry grill pieces I showed in last week’s email. A couple of nights ago we cooked on a fillet of salmon on the fish grill. This recipe is the result – easy and delicious for a quick meal. There’s no need to be exact about quantities for any of the ingredients. We have the preserved lemons available for sale in our shop.
- Ingredients for the marinade
- 1 fillet of salmon
- Olive oil
- Lemon juice
- Finely chopped fresh coriander and parsley
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1-2 tsp ground cumin or toasted cumin seeds crushed in mortar and pestle
- Good pinch of cayenne pepper or ½/1 tsp Espelette
- ½ tsp sweet smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper
- Garnish (mix together)
- Finely chopped parsley and coriander
- Finely chopped rind of 1 or 2 preserved lemons
- A little olive oil
- Dressing (mix together)
- Plain unsweetened yoghurt
- Finely chopped coriander and/or dill
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- Freshly ground black pepper
Mix all the ingredients together apart from the salmon. If using the Emile Henry fish grill, put this mixture on the grill. Add the fillet of salmon and coat both sides with the marinade. Leave the salmon on the fish grill to marinate for about an hour or so.
Heat your BBQ. When it’s hot, place the fish grill on the BBQ and put down the lid. The length of the cooking time will depend on the size and thickness of the fillet. It’ll probably take about 10-15 minutes. While the salmon is cooking prepare the garnish and dressing.
When ready sprinkle the garnish over the salmon and serve the dressing separately. This is also good served warm or at room temperature.