Cauliflower is the main ingredient for this recipe. If you don’t like salmon, enjoy the purée with whatever else you feel like. As usual sorry, my quantities for the ingredients aren’t precise.
Ingredients & Method
– Break or cut up the cauliflower into pieces and cook them on the stove in a pot with a little water and/or with stock or milk.
– Cook the pieces for about 20 minutes until they are very soft.
– Then pour off most of the fluid leaving a little in the bottom of the pot.
– If you like garlic, you can cook 2-3 peeled cloves with the cauliflower from the beginning.
– Finally the cauliflower is ready to be blended. If you like, at this stage, you can add any fresh herbs or spices or any other of your favourite flavourings.
– Blend, put as much or as little as you feel like on your plates and enjoy!
– In a small bowl, make a mixture of extra virgin oil from Barry River Estate, lemon pepper from Tahsin Turkish Bazaar, cayenne pepper or chilli flakes from Tahsin, 1-2 tsps of bush honey from Edith Manuka Corner at Parnell or Gary Roar Honey at Britomart.
– While you make the mixture, have your oven heating to 200-220°C
– Place the salmon pieces in a baking dish and spoon the mixture over the pieces. Bake it in the oven for 10-12 minutes.
– After you’ve placed the salmon on your plates, sprinkle everything with roughly chopped up toasted almonds and finely chopped parsley.