This is a really easy meal to prepare and is great to serve family or friends. Moroccan cuisine is influential all through France.
- 2-3 onions thinly sliced
- 2-3 crushed cloves of garlic
- Chicken Pieces – I use “Maryland” piece – ie the whole leg and thigh
- About 500g Peeled potatoes cut into halves or quarters
- Seasalt & Pepper
- Olive oil
- 1 tspn ground ginger
- 1 tbspn ground cumin
- 1 tspn paprika
- chicken stock to cover
- 2 or 3 pickled lemons cut into small wedges
- a handful Black olives (stoned if you can be bothered)
- Chopped parsley to garnish
Remove the skin from the chicken. Brown the pieces in the olive oil in a large pot – do in 2 batches if necessary. Set aside the pieces.
Using the same pan brown the onions and garlic. Then add the spices. Place in the chicken pieces and enough stock to cover. Gently cook for about 20 minutes.
Add the Potatoes, Lemons and Olives. Simmer gently for about 20-25 minutes to cook. Taste and season if necessary. You may not need any extra salt as the lemons are salty.
I serve this on a bed of couscous and sprinkled with finely chopped parsley. Serve with a green salad on a separate plate.