- Ingredients (as an entrée for 3)
- ½ cup light dry white wine
- 2 tbsps white wine vinegar
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp very finely minced shallot
- 2 tsps lemon juice
- 1 pinch of sugar
- Salt and pepper
- ⅓ cup of Cathedral Cove Naturals macadamia nut oil, plus extra for brushing the scallops
- 18 fresh Coromandel scallops
- Microgreens or baby watercress for garnish
- 2 tbps finely chopped chives or coriander
- ⅓ cup Cathedral Cove Naturals dry roasted macadamias, finely chopped
To make the dressing put the wine in a pot and cook till it’s reduced to about ¼ cup. Put the vinegar, lemon juice, garlic and shallots in a bowl. Stir in the reduced wine. Add the sugar, salt and pepper and slowly whisk in the macadamia nut oil. Set the dressing aside.
Pat the scallops dry with paper towels and brush the scallops with macadamia nut oil. Heat a heavy pan to medium hot. Sear both sides of each scallop working in batches if necessary. It should take a minute for each side.
To serve, mix the finely chopped macadamias and chives into the dressing. Place 6 scallops on each plate. Spoon dressing over the scallops and garnish with micro-greens.
Scallops, macadamia nuts, macadamia nut oil – Cathedral Cove Naturals
Shallots, garlic and baby watercress – Jason, Your Heartland Greengrocer
Micro-greens – Fresh Gardens
Lemons – Fruition